Last Updated 23/09/2021
This Privacy Notice covers our website and all social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Please also be aware of each social media sites’ own privacy notices.
The data controller of the personal data referred to in this Privacy Notice is Bundesliga Boxes. All references to our “website” refer to www.bundesligaboxes.co.uk, to “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Bundesliga Boxes and to “you” and “your” are to you the user.
What personal data do we collect?
When you book a football break with Bundesliga Boxes, you will be required to provide us with specific information including your name, address, email address, phone number and payment information,
There may be other instances when you’ll provide us with similar information, for example if you sign up for special offers or if you enter one of our competitions or complete a survey.
Personal data you give to us about others
If you are purchasing a product for someone else and sending to their address, you will need to supply us with personal data about them such as their name and address.
Personal Information we collect automatically
Personal data that we receive from others
We may also receive information about you from couriers who are delivering your parcel. This could be to advise us of difficulties in delivering, or returning the goods to us. In such situations we will only use your personal data to contact you if requested.
What do we do with your personal data?
The information which you have provided about you and/or others will be used for the following:
- Communication: We will use the contact details you have provided to communicate with you regarding your purchase. We will provide emails confirming your purchase and update PayPal with tracking details.
- Customer Service: You may contact us at anytime regarding your purchase, or if you have any questions about a potential purchase. You can do this via the website, phone call or social media. We will use any information you provide to help answer your questions and respond accordingly,
- Marketing: If you place an order with us and have not opted out (or in any other case, if you have opted in to receive marketing by email or text message), we may contact you by email or text message with information about other goods and services that we offer which are similar to those already purchased and we believe would interest you, We may use your contact details to call you by phone, or send you post, with details of these products (unless you have stated that you do not wish to receive these communications or because you are registered with the Telephone Preference Service).
- Corporate Transaction: We may use your data in connection with a corporate transaction such as the sale or merger.
- Promotional Activities: We will use any information provided from your participation in competitions to administer these activities.
- Improvements: We may use your data to improve the services which we offer. This includes:
- analysing your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
- troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and for statistical and survey purposes by us, all of which helps us to provide the best service that we can.
- in some circumstances we may send data about our website users in aggregate, anonymised or pseudonymised form to third parties for them to provide these services to us – this is explained in more detail under “When do we share your data with third parties?” below.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you under the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: If we have obligations under a contract with you, we will use your information to perform our obligations to you. For example, if you make an online purchase on our Website, we will use the information that you provide us with when making the purchase to complete the delivery.
- Consent: You will be asked to consent to us providing you with marketing information and if you give us this consent, we will rely on this when contacting you with marketing information by e-mail and text message (although please note that in limited circumstances we are allowed to send marketing information to you without your consent). You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at anytime by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy, by using the link at the bottom of each email that we send to you or by logging in to your account and changing your contact preferences.
- Legitimate interests: We will use your information for our own legitimate interests, for example, to provide you with the best suitable content on our Website, to improve and promote our services and for our own administrative purposes including creating and maintaining business records of our relationship with you.
- Legal requirements/vital interests: In some cases, we will have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you (for example, for us to comply with tax laws which require us to collect and retain records of products and services that we sell) or where we need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, if you are involved in an emergency and we need to provide the details which we hold about you to the emergency services).
How and where will your data be processed?
Any information which we hold about you or others is stored on a secure server by the host of the website. All payment transactions are encrypted. Only authorised personnel are able to access personal data for work purposes. Whilst we do our best to protect your personal data, no information transferred over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide this information at your own risk,
No transactional information is stored by us such as credit card details. This information is securely used through Sage Pay.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including (in some instances) where we transfer your data to our suppliers so that they can assist us with providing our services to you. Where your information is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including by entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU-US Privacy Shield. You have the right to details of the mechanism under which your data is transferred outside of the EEA – for this information, please contact us using the details set out under “How can you contact us?” below.
When do we share your data with third parties?
In some situations we will share your personal data with parties outside of Bundesliga Boxes. Those third parties include the following:
Our suppliers: If you make a purchase with us, it is necessary for us to share your name and address data with couriers to complete your delivery. If you submit a question regarding your purchase or delivery, we may pass this to our couriers if they are better placed to help you.
Third party service providers: We use service providers to process your data on our behalf. This may include anyone who provides services such as advertising, administration of competitions, collection of customer feedback and customer service. They have access to and may collect information as required to perform their duties. These parties are not permitted to share or use this information for any other purpose, Where we provide data to third party service providers for them to provide data analysis or statistical services for us, we will only ever send them aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised data.
Payment Providers and other financial institutions: If you request a chargeback for your purchase, it may be necessary for us to share certain reservation details with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution so that they can handle the chargeback. This may include a copy of your order confirmation or the IP address that was used to make your reservation.
Any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights (including to investigate any suspected fraudulent or other criminal activity), or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Potential Buyer: Should there be any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, we may share your data with the potential buyer, their agents or their advisers, for the purposes shown in this Privacy Notice.
Any other person: Any information which is collected from you directly by payment providers or couriers, or which you share through social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter is not covered under this Privacy Notice and we advise you to check their own privacy policies before passing them any personal data,
Retention of your personal data
We will delete your personal data at a time when we have no legitimate business need to retain it any longer. This will be after we have no further need to provide products or services to you or to manage any claims which you or we may have in respect of the booking made with us.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data which we hold about you:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data, you can do so at any time.
- You can object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data.
- You may opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the emails which we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing then please contact us.
- If we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, this can be withdrawn at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal and it will not affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the data protection authority for the UK.
If you would like to exercise any of your above rights please contact us using the contact details provided below. We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How do we treat personal data of children?
Our website is not intended to be used by children under 18 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make, We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: